Welcome back as we continue designing our hybrid card. The next steps are cleaning up the overhanging stamps and preparing it for mass printing.
Remember how the two pieces of vanilla were added using punches? Well, I changed those punches to white and exported my project (I wanted a white background so it wouldn't try to "print" the vanilla color on the vanilla cardstock when I got to the printing stage). Then, I deleted off all the stamps and for the two (now white) punches I choose the fill with picture option. Then it was just a matter of navigating to the jpegs I had just created and centering the punches in the right location.
Yey! No more stamps hanging off the vanilla (white) paper :) Now I can see what my project will really look like!
Now for the really fancy part. I was using this card for a swap, so I wanted to print off my stamped portions multiple times, but I didn't want to use a sheet of paper for each of them (they were small enough to fit multiple to a page). So, I started a new project as an 11x8.5 and added two square punches and re-sized them so they were the same as in the card. Then, it was just a matter of filling these punches with the pictures like in the step above. I was able to fit 8 of the top piece onto a sheet of paper (I rotated them to achieve this), and 4 of the inside piece onto a sheet of paper.
Since I needed 12 of these babies for the swap I was in I needed a couple more of the top layer, and I decided to make use of the rest of the paper by printing all sorts of fall sayings, which I sized down to fit inside the word window punch. That way each person could pick whichever sentiment fit their needs best.
These were all printed off on Vanilla Cardstock. Feel free to save the jpegs above to print and make your own cards. I made sure to upload them full size so they would print nice for you! All I ask is that if you do so you leave me a comment letting me know how your card turned out :)
Flutterby again soon to see the final assembled product!